Thursday, October 8, 2009

Planning Ahead

I love the Olympics. No- scratch that. I adore the Olympics. The summer games are my favorite, dating back to the 92 games in Barcelona. I have seen the stadium from the Barcelona games and will always remember going to some of the events during the 96 games in Atlanta. I even kept Michael Phelps as my background on my laptop for an embarrassingly long time.

Last week, when the IOC announced Rio as the location for the 2016 games I was so bummed that Chicago lost out, as it was probably my best chance to attend in person again, although I also started looking at flights to Brazil just in case I experience a financial windfall in the next 6+ years.

However, there is some light on the horizon. The Opening Ceremony for the 2010 games in Vancouver are on February 12th. The save the dates have already been sent for the viewing party at my house (totally not kidding- if you are in the DC area and not creepy, you might get an invite too).

Most importantly- meet my new best friend, one of three mascots for the games- Quatchi. He's a Sasquatch who plays hockey (I am being 100% serious- this is all taken straight from the Vancouver 2010 website and if you go there, make sure to have your sound on to hear him talk).




1 comment:

  1. Oh, CUTE. I love him. I also love the Olympics. I'm so glad I just read this because I am totally throwing an opening ceremonies party. What a great idea! I'm bummed about Chi as well, but maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete