Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Project Update

Since it was a long weekend, I wanted to make the most of it and try and change something up in my bedrooom. I have been wanting to do something for a while but since I rent (and am a pretty crappy painter) I didn't want to paint my walls. So... I decided to paint my bed.

I talked about it in this post but as a recap, here is a photo of what it looked like before:



One of my most favorite colors is a pinky-red-orange-coral. I have a number of sweaters, jackets, shirts, etc. all in this color and pretty much love it. I saw the bed below on Design Sponge a while ago and fell in love. While I am not about to learn how to upholster something and I wouldn't know where to find that fabric I still had a plan.


(see more info here)

When I was telling my mom about this plan she brought up the logistics. I mean- not only would I have to deal with the painting part but it would normally involve taking it apart, getting it down my super steep and narrow stairs, and then putting it back together. So I came up with a backup plan- just leave it in my room, rearrange a few things, and try really hard not to get anythign on the hardwood floors.

Anyway- here is the after photo. I am looking for a new white comforter (right now I am just using my down comforter without the duvet cover and my same shams) but beyond a few drops of paint on the floor I am pretty happy about it.



What do you think??

3 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! I know Bed Bath and Beyond has a pretty white coverlet and shams (it was on Roxie's wedding registry haha).

    I love that color and it is definitely your signature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across your blog and love it! Great before and after. I'm impressed. The color is gorgeous. New follower and just wanted to say hi = )

    ReplyDelete